[Mediawiki-l] Media-wiki 1.6 Changes... Found!

Joshua Yeidel yeidel at wsu.edu
Thu Mar 30 00:55:52 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06 6:41 AM, "Rob Church" <robchur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Read http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Important_Release_Notes#MediaWiki_1.6
> first.

Perhaps this was not Rob's intention, but I thought I would find on this
page specific information about features or changes in 1.6.  But no...

Nor were the following logical destinations any help:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.6
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_feature_list
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_roadmap
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Development_tasks

... And in this particular case, Google was _not_ my friend.

I finally downloaded the HEAD from CVS, and found the RELEASE-NOTES
document, with 526 listed changes (and some requests for "filling in" of
additional changes by developers).

An easier way (I discovered later :-) is to browse the RELEASE-NOTES at

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/wikipedia/phase3/RELEASE-NOTES?view=ma
rkup

This is a pointer to the HEAD (latest) version.

Maybe this will save somebody some time.

-- Joshua