[Mediawiki-l] Release time (roadmap) of 1.6?

Tels nospam-abuse at bloodgate.com
Wed Mar 29 19:09:36 UTC 2006

Moin,

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 20:04, Brion Vibber wrote:
> Tels wrote:
> > * Is there a roadmap/release schedule telling us when people running
> > other wikis can enjoy the features of 1.6, too?
>
> The current evil plan is to move to quarterly snapshot releases.
>
> Since we're doing continuous integration and keeping The Primary Code
> on a production site, in theory we can make production-quality releases
> at any time (such as we are able); roughly every 3 months should be
> fast enough for the 'I want features!' crowd, hopefully!

Yes, thats enough releases - if you release more often, people need to
upgrade more often, too :D

> 1.6.0 will release next week.

Wowa, second time I am responsible for a release! (just kidding! :)

Anyway, thanx for the work and explanation, I know doing releases is extra
work.

Best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Wed Mar 29 21:08:12 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.

 I'm a Sis-sis-sis-sis-sis-sis-sis-sinnahr...