[Mediawiki-l] Duplicate a wiki or a wiki database - DELETE users

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 14:22:33 UTC 2006

Deleting users is a double-edged sword. It's simple enough to do in
SQL but could cause problems when breaking the relational structure of
the database. A safe option would be to update the archive, revision
and recentchanges tables, altering the numeric user_id foreign key to
be 0 for each of the rows corresponding to users you want to delete,
then deleting them.

This way, MediaWiki treats the user as nonexistent and won't throw up
bizarre errors in obscure places later on.

Rob Church