[Mediawiki-l] Duplicate a wiki or a wiki database

Robert Pfau robert.pfau at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 23:05:27 UTC 2006

mysqldump -u databaseuser --password=password wikidb_name
--compatible=mysql40 > yourwikidb.sql
tar czf your-files.tar.gz /path/to/your/httpdocs

create the database & database_user on your new server
copy those 2 files to your new server
mysql -u newdatabaseuser --password=password wikidb_name < yourwikidb.sql
tar xzf your-files.tar.gz

adjust paths etc...

this is my raw backup-routine and it works quite good :)

.robert