[Mediawiki-l] Subpages in main namespace?

Joshua Yeidel yeidel at wsu.edu
Wed Mar 22 22:15:26 UTC 2006

I think the best argument against subpages in Wikipedia is that it removes a
whole set of arguments from the table (is "Biochemistry" a subpage of
"Biology" or of "Chemistry"?  Who decides?  Should I add a page as its own
main page or as a subpage of something else?).  There's less useless
controversy letting the links within pages (including "what links here")
specify the information relationships.

In non-encyclopedia contexts, you may have information architectures that
are best expressed using main-space subpages.  If so, it isn't hard to set
up.

-- Joshua