[Mediawiki-l] Subpages in main namespace?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Wed Mar 22 16:32:08 UTC 2006

Angela wrote:
> On 3/23/06, Birger <bweynants at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why is the option to make subpages in the main namespaces not enabled by
>> default? Is there something wrong with making subpages into the main
>> namespace?
>
> There's some old discussion which might help to explain it on Meta:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Case_against_subpages
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Get_rid_of_subpages_entirely
>
> Angela.

this discussion don't seems (to me) very factual. much "I
don't like", with little reasons.

I use extensively sub pages as soon as an article begin to
be too big to be reasonable to have in one page or to write
courses or big howtos.

I don't give any category to sub-pages, only to the main
one, like that one.
http://fr.opensuse.org/Gérer_ses_photographies

jdd

--