[Mediawiki-l] Missing images after code consolidation

Sam Rowe mediawiki at samrowe.com
Tue Mar 21 21:52:01 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 12:44:59PM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
# Sam Rowe wrote:
# > I run several wikis for different departments at my work.. I recently
# > used the 'lndir' method for making them all run off the same codebase
# > and I forgot about uploaded files.
# >
# > I've put the uploaded files (and dirs) back, but they no longer
# > display inline... only if you drill down to the actual URL fo the
# > image.
# >
# > Permissions are fine. What am I missing?
#
# 1) Do newly edited pages work? yes/no
#
# If yes:
# 2) Clear the objectcache table (see the FAQ) or update $wgCacheEpoch to the
# current time to clear out previously-cached page renderings.
#
# If no:
# 3) Check $wgUploadPath and $wgUploadDirectory to make sure they are correct.

New edits don't work. Newly uploaded files DO work.

I looked in the database and the affected images have empty major
and minor mime, no height/width and so on... the file path is there,
but not much else:

| Ssl.pdf                                                         |   263302
| bigip ssl Guide                                               |        4 |
Amy           | 20050419132349 |         0 |          0 |        0 | a:0:{}
| UNKNOWN        |                | unknown        |

Is there a way (aside from re-uploading them all) to refresh that data? Or is
it a red-herring?

I set $wgCacheEpoch = mktime(); and reloaded a few pages and no go.

Thanks!
-Sam