[Mediawiki-l] Blocking people from viewing the Wiki unless registered

Simon Renshaw simon at castortech.com
Tue Mar 21 17:38:50 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm having a small permissions problem.

My Wiki contain private information so I want to control who can see it.

I added the following line to my LocalSettings.php.

  $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createaccount']   = false;
  $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['read']            = true;
  $wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['edit']            = false;

The first line allow me to create accounts as needed.

If I change the read permission to false, you can't read the site unless
you're logged in. This is what I want. The problem is that you can't
even see the login page!

Is there any way to make the login page the only viewable page while not
logged in?

Thanks!

Simon