[Mediawiki-l] Dynamic Tree Menu in a template

Michael Krefft mk at michaelkrefft.com
Fri Mar 17 19:31:16 UTC 2006

Hi!

I would like to add a dynamic tree menu to my wiki pages.
My approach would be to create a template which uses an extension that
contains all the necessary php.

It would be great if it were possible to provide a value to the
extension, something like {{treemenu|Article Name}} , so the menu would
expand at the correct place.
(The content of the menu itself doesnt have to be dynamic, reading its
items from a text file would suffice.)

Has anybody done something like this?

(So far I've run into various problems. First of all I would like to
know how to pass the Article name to the extension, it seems to me like
it's not parsed at all.
Second I've already managed to display a menu but it is shown on the top
of the page instead of being shown within the article where it should be.)

Cheers! :-)