[Mediawiki-l] Size of the database

M. Cameron Jones mjones2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 20:58:08 UTC 2006

On 3/16/06, Armin Kniesel <akniesel at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Can you tell me how much space do need your wikipages?

Hi Armin -

According to the wiki statistics special page on one wiki I run
(http://gslis.org), there are 1,978 pages, 565 are 'legitimate content
pages'. With a total of 6,831 edits (avg of 3.45 edits per page).

The last time I backed up the database it was about 35 MB (not
including images and other uploaded matter). Which gives an average of
about 5KB per edit, or over twice the estimates you had to 2KB per
edit. Now, I don't think the average length of my wiki pages is 5K, so
I don't know where that number is coming from (possibly the rash of
spam edits and cleanings).

I hope this helps!
- Cameron