[Mediawiki-l] Searchindex table marked crashed

Ralf Baechle ralf at linux-mips.org
Tue Mar 14 16:43:23 UTC 2006

I've seen this one happen repeatedly:

[...]
mysql> check table searchindex extended;
+--------------------+-------+----------+----------------------------+
| Table              | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text                   |
+--------------------+-------+----------+----------------------------+
| wikidb.searchindex | check | warning  | Table is marked as crashed |
| wikidb.searchindex | check | status   | OK                         |
+--------------------+-------+----------+----------------------------+
2 rows in set (0.88 sec)

mysql> repair table searchindex extended;
+--------------------+--------+----------+----------+
| Table              | Op     | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+--------------------+--------+----------+----------+
| wikidb.searchindex | repair | status   | OK       |
1 row in set (2.29 sec)

mysql>
[...]

So nothing dramatic happened - what I don't know is what is causing the
tables to be marked crashed - the machine is up and has been running with
no apparent problems otherwise since a very long time.

The software running is MySQL 4.1.16, Apache 2.0.54 and Mediawiki 1.3.13.

Any ideas on how to avoid this problem from hitting?

  Ralf