[Mediawiki-l] Vandalism on some wikis

Ralf Baechle ralf at linux-mips.org
Tue Mar 14 15:19:24 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 07:29:18AM +0100, Thomas Gries wrote:

> Someone is vandalising wikis by adding a special div tag to pages:

> The div tags makes the contents invisible. I propose to add a mechanism
> to suppress storing of this particular tag.

This is some sort of standard wiki spamming technology by my observation.
Adding this plus the usual free hosting companies such as geocities [1]
to the regex as described by the other posters has solved the wiki spam
almost entirely - there are weeks to months between individual spam
attacks and they're usually very small.  Being able to concentrate on
content instead of despamming again is great!

  Ralf

[1] I don't expect any link destination of interest for my Wikis to be
    hosted there.