[Mediawiki-l] Getting started

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 15:02:28 UTC 2006

LocalSettings.php needs to be in the "wiki root", that is, the
directory containing everything else, alongside index.php, includes,
etc. and a few other files.

If MediaWiki can't find the file there, it checks to see if it's been
left in config by mistake and prompts you to move it if so. If it
can't find it at all, it tells you to set up the wiki.

Rob Church