[Mediawiki-l] Getting started (correction!)

Roger Chrisman roger at rogerchrisman.com
Tue Mar 14 05:40:01 UTC 2006

Roger Chrisman wrote:
> Rebecca Goolsby wrote:
> > My wiki folder, blahblah (joke) has the config file in it with
> > index.php and the LocalSettings.php file. When I move the file to
> > my domain folder, my wiki reads "Now you have to set up your wiki".
> > I put it back, it tells me to move LocalSettings. I move
> > Localsettings, keep the index.file, We're back to "You need to set
> > up your site". In an endless loop here. HELP!
> >
> > Thanks much. RG
>
> You need to move the LocalSettings.php up one level from the config/
> dir and leave the index.php alone. This would do it on Unix:
>
> cd <your wiki top dir>
> mv config/LocalSettings.php ..
>
> The '..' means move it up one dir (don't omit the space before the
> '..'). That is for Unix, Linux, etc. If you are on some other OS you
> need to say so.

Sorry, use only one dot '.' if you are in the top level dir (means move
it 'here').

The double dots '..' are what you use if you are in the config dir and
want to move it up one from there.

pwd

shows you which dir you are in if you forget.

Sorry about the mistake and the confusion! I make these mistakes all the
time. :-(

Roger

--
Roger Chrisman   (650) 387-4732   Palo Alto