[Mediawiki-l] Update 1.4.5 -> 1.5.7 : german Umlauts are gone

Heiko Jaberg heiko.jaberg at innovative-navigation.de
Mon Mar 13 17:20:13 UTC 2006


Hi,

I read the FAQ and the mailing list archive.
It says: Wikis must now be encoded in Unicode UTF-8
....   If it says charset=iso8859-1, you may need to convert your data.
So far, so good.

So I dumped the data base and converted my data with iconv.
Result: Wiki data are o.k., but now the navigation bar and
everything else is broken.

What have I done wrong ?

Regards,

Heiko


Rob Church wrote:

>Read the MediaWiki FAQ and mailing list archives.
>
>
>Rob Church
>
>On 13/03/06, Heiko Jaberg <heiko.jaberg at innovative-navigation.de> wrote:
>  
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I just updated MediaWiki 1.4.5 to 1.5.7 and now all
>>german Umlauts are gone. Encoding was UTF-8,
>>language settings is "de"; exactly the same as in 1.4.5
>>How can I fix this ?
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Heiko
>>
>>--
>>
>>Heiko Jaberg                     email: Heiko.Jaberg at innovative-navigation.de
>>IN - Innovative Navigation GmbH  web:   http://www.innovative-navigation.de
>>Leibnizstrasse 11                tel.:  +49 7154 807159
>>D-70806 Kornwestheim             fax:   +49 7154 807154
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>MediaWiki-l mailing list
>>MediaWiki-l at Wikimedia.org
>>http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>>
>>    
>>
>_______________________________________________
>MediaWiki-l mailing list
>MediaWiki-l at Wikimedia.org
>http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
>  
>


-- 

Heiko Jaberg                     email: Heiko.Jaberg at innovative-navigation.de
IN - Innovative Navigation GmbH  web:   http://www.innovative-navigation.de
Leibnizstrasse 11                tel.:  +49 7154 807159
D-70806 Kornwestheim             fax:   +49 7154 807154




More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list