[Mediawiki-l] editing a page is causing problems

Ricardo Rodríguez webmaster at xen.net
Sun Mar 12 23:01:05 UTC 2006

Thanks, Rob.

Sorry for not being clear before, but I've already tried to write the "á" in the title. It didn't work. Some issue while working with extended characters must be involved here, but I've not idea about what happened.

As for the scripts. Thank you so much for the improvement. As far as I needed to solve this before tomorrow, I've replace $id   = $title->getArticleID(); with $id   = xxxx, being xxxx the actual page in troubles ID. It worked like a charm.

I do promise to improve my PHP skills to proposed a solution valid for the community!

Thanks for your help,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
The XEN ICT Team

>>> Rob Church<robchur at gmail.com> 12/3/2006 15:12 >>>

At the moment, nukePage doesn't do too much fancy footwork with the
title; it calls the built-in title handling code to try to "resolve" a
string to a title, and from there, get the page proper. You ought to
be able to enter the "á" at the command line, it would then work with
the script.

I suppose I could alter the script to allow passing a page ID instead.
Let me know if entering the "á" direct doesn't work and I'll do so.

Rob Church