[Mediawiki-l] Graphviz extension

Karl-Otto Kirst post at karl-kirst.de
Sun Mar 12 20:37:31 UTC 2006

Hallo,

I would like to integrate "Graphviz" extension in ZUM-Wiki
(www.zum.de/wiki).

I've read some instructions about it, on the following sites:
http://www.graphviz.org/
http://www.wickle.com/wikis/index.php/Graphviz_extension
telling:
	you must copy Graphviz.php to $mediawiki/extensions directory and add this
line to LocalSettings.php: include("extensions/Graphviz.php");
	Also you must set $wgGraphVizSettings->dotCommand = "/usr/local/bin/dot";
to accomplish your installation of graphviz.
http://www.wickle.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Graphviz_Installation_Instructi
ons
telling:
	include("extensions/Graphviz.php");
	$wgGraphVizSettings->dotCommand = "C:\\Program
Files\\ATT\\Graphviz\\bin\\dot.exe";
http://www.schwiki.de/wiki/SchWiki:Graphviz

I've found the Graphviz.php on:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mwextensions/mediawikiextensions/

I tried to install "Graphviz" extension, but didn't have success.

My three questions are:

1. Obviously, I need to install Graphviz, before I can install the Graphviz
extension: Where and how do I have to install Graphviz?

2. Which text do I habe to include exactly in LocalSettings.php?

3. Which other things do I habe to do, to be able to use Graphviz extension
in MediaWiki?

Regards
Karl Kirst