[Mediawiki-l] "include" mechanism in MW?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Sun Mar 12 17:35:23 UTC 2006

I am interested in adding mechanically-generated content
(e.g., text, images) to MediaWiki pages, as discussed in

  http://www.cfcl.com/~rdm/weblog/archives/001002.html

I think that the cleanest way to do this might be to let the
user put in an "include" request for some specified content.
A program could then note the request and generate a file,
which MW could fold into the page whenever it was displayed.

Problem is, I don't know what provision (if any) MW has for
including files, etc.  I've looked over Help:Contents and
the extensions list, but I haven't recognized anything that
seems relevant.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com