[Mediawiki-l] CVS or subversion?

The XEN ICT Team - Ricardo Rodríguez webmaster at xen.net
Fri Mar 10 20:38:59 UTC 2006

Sorry, I'm not able to find my error.

Hitting Enter gives an error. Please, find following the log. Whatever protocol I try (ext: as per TortoiseCVS docs or pserver: as per MediaWiki docs, the login failes. Here is the entries I'm using in the Checkout window...
http://nvx.environmentalchange.net/@rrodriguez/images/TortoiseCVSconf.jpg

In C:\workplace: "C:\Archivos de programa\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "checkout" "-P" "phase3"
CVSROOT=:ext:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mediawiki

cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `Access denied
' from cvs server
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Error, CVS operation failed

In C:\workplace: "C:\Archivos de programa\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "checkout" "-P" "phase3"
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mediawiki

cvs checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

cvs [checkout aborted]: authorization failed: server cvs.sourceforge.net rejected access to /cvsroot/mediawiki for user anonymous

Error, CVS operation failed

In : "C:\Archivos de programa\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "login"
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mediawiki

Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:2401:/cvsroot/mediawiki
cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: M PserverBackend::PserverBackend() Connect (Connection refused)

Error, CVS operation failed

In C:\workplace: "C:\Archivos de programa\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "checkout" "-P" "phase3"
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mediawiki

cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: M PserverBackend::PserverBackend() Connect (Connection refused)

Error, CVS operation failed

Tortoise Tip:  Sometimes you get this error if you have the repository folder wrong in the Checkout dialog.  Make sure you have a slash at the start of the folder name, and that the case and path are correct.  Watch out for spurious trailing characters.

Examples are:  "/cvsroot", "/usr/local/cvs-repository", "/cvsroot/cvsgui"

Once again, sorry if I'm missing anything obvious.

Thanks,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
The XEN ICT Team

>>> Rob Church<robchur at gmail.com> 10/3/2006 20:32 >>>

When prompted for a password, hit Enter.

Rob Church