[Mediawiki-l] CVS or subversion?

The XEN ICT Team - Ricardo Rodríguez webmaster at xen.net
Fri Mar 10 19:26:33 UTC 2006

Thanks, Rob.

I've been struggling to get Tortoise CVS working but it seems that I'm wrong at any point and I'm not able to connect to the CVS server.

As far as I understand at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download_from_CVS I must be able to grab, upgrade and downgrade by using anonymous as user. On the other hand, by following TortoiseCVS documentation for using it with SourceForge projects Tortoise keeps asking for a password whatever the user is. Sorry, I'm a bit confused.

Must I apply for being a developer at MediaWiki to grab the software? It sounds a bit weird to me taking into account my skills! But I'm working hard to catch up! If not, please, how can I use the anonymous user with TortoiseCVS to grab download the software?

Sorry if I'm missing any obvious point.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
The XEN ICT Team

>>> Rob Church<robchur at gmail.com> 10/3/2006 19:34 >>>

The SVN repository isn't presently in use. Use TortoiseCVS and the
instructions on the page you linked to, plus the TortoiseCVS
documentation, to do the download.

Rob Church