[Mediawiki-l] Image: link alias

Nicolas STRANSKY Nicolas.Stransky at curie.fr
Fri Mar 10 14:08:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

For some time I've been using the following syntax successfuly on
Mediawiki 1.5.x:
[[Image:document-xyz.pdf | My document XYZ]] which used to produce the
following output as a link to the "Image:" page:
My document XYZ

Now this doesn't work anymore, at least with mediawiki 1.5.6 and 1.5.7
and for the same syntax I just see this link as if no alias had been
given after the pipe:
Image:document-xyz.pdf

Is there any reason why I should observe that ? I have noticed that the
following alternative syntax works as I want it to work but I wonder if
this is the right way to do it (I added a colon at the beginning):
[[:Image:document-xyz.pdf | My document XYZ]]

Thanks for your help,
Regards,
--
Nicolas STRANSKY