[Mediawiki-l] Announce: Graph extension updated

Tels nospam-abuse at bloodgate.com
Fri Mar 10 11:12:34 UTC 2006

Moin,

I'd like to announce an update of my graph extension - or for people who
never heard of it, the existance of it :)

The extension is now one year old (actually, a bit older, but the first
usable version was not available until Janua 2005 :) and quite mature.

An overview, examples, download links and install instructions are here:

	http://bloodgate.com/perl/graph/

There is also a detailed online manual about the syntax, attributes and
possibilities:

	http://bloodgate.com/perl/graph/manual/

The extension can create ASCII art, Unicode box drawings, HTML, SVG and
PNG (via graphviz/dot/neato/fdb etc) output. It is most suited for
flowcharts, state diagrams and documentation of information flow, but
shold also be able to handle more complex graphs.

The syntax is designed to be easy for humans (readability/maintainability)
and also easy to parse for machines. The output is indexable by search
engines (except in case of PNG output, naturally), and scales with the
text size in the browser, thus also supporting users with bad sight. It
also falls back to simple renderings, like when you look at it with a
textbrowser like lynx :)

If you have questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact me,
or open up a bugreport at http://rt.cpan.org.

Here are two examples straight from my console:

 # echo "[My Work] - internet -> [Your Success]"|perl examples/as_ascii
 +---------+  internet   +--------------+
 | My Work | ----------> | Your Success |
 +---------+             +--------------+
 # echo "[My Work] - internet -> [Your Success]"|perl examples/as_boxart
 │ My Work │ ──────────> │ Your Success │

Best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Fri Feb  3 13:32:55 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.

 "Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind." -- Terry
 Pratchett