[Mediawiki-l] Disable Alt-O for logout?

David J. Biesack David.Biesack at sas.com
Thu Mar 9 14:42:37 UTC 2006

Is there a way to disable the Alt-O shortcut for invoking the 'Log out' action? We use web server authentication for our mediawiki on our intranet so there is rarely a need for logging out. Also, people accidentally hit Alt-O when they mean to press Alt-P to preview, so I'd like to disable the shortcut.  I don't want to completely disable logging out; it is useful for some to logout and then log in under a different administrator account. (I will edit MediaWiki:Tooltip-logout to remove the Alt-O hint).

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Help_desk/Archive_21#Disabling_accesskeys_after_the_upgrade

--
David J. Biesack     SAS Institute Inc.
(919) 531-7771       SAS Campus Drive