[Mediawiki-l] Spam with accounts

Benjamí Villoslada benjami at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 09:55:40 UTC 2006

Hello,

Only users have edit rights in my wiki, but this week I've received a lot of
spam from new accounts.  Is the most annoying spam: revert, change passwords
and see a lot of strange accounts in the users list. I can delete it? --the
documentation says «Do not remove users from the user table in the mySQL
database; this causes problems with other parts of the wiki due to the
relational structure of the database.»

But I've seen the captcha tool in the mediawiki create account page.  For this
reason I've upgraded from 1.4 to the last version 1.5.7, but I don't see the
captcha in my new MediaWiki.  Anyone knows how to locate and insall this
captcha for the new account creation page?  In the FAQ page says «There is no
other way with the current software»

Thanks!

--
Benjamí