[Mediawiki-l] Spam Fighting Troubles

Russell Sharp rsharp at advancedgaming.biz
Tue Mar 7 23:20:06 UTC 2006

I'm rolling back a massive spam attack.  About 800 accounts created and
at least as many revisions.

Command line maintenance utilities and extensions are not an option.  So
I started hacking at the database and removed revisions by the newly
created users.  Then I set the page_latest of the page as the latest
remaining revision.  I check to make sure those revisions referred to
existing text.

The problem is that the wiki now complains that some pages are missing
their text as referred to in the database.  What other constraints must
I meet to link a revision to its page and text to the revision?

Thanks for you time,

Russell Sharp