[Mediawiki-l] editing a page is causing problems

The XEN ICT Team - Ricardo Rodríguez webmaster at xen.net
Sat Mar 4 23:51:18 UTC 2006

Thank you so much, Rob.

As I am far from being a MediaWiki hacker, please, can I just copy the concerned script to the 1.5.2 maintenance folder and execute it from the server command line? Must I copy any other script? Thanks.

Best,

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
The XEN ICT Team

>>> Rob Church<robchur at gmail.com> 4/3/2006 23:07 >>>

Prior to dabbling with the database direct, give the nukePage
maintenance script in CVS a go. It'll be distributed with 1.5.7 or
available from the REL_1_5 branch, but has dependencies. This does the
deletion at the database level, and might avoid the problem.

If it doesn't, get the page ID from the page table, then wipe the page
record from that table; and all revisions associated with it. Then use
the purgeRedundantText script (in CVS, also) to wipe the now-orphaned
text records (or wipe them as you're doing the revisions).

Rob Church