[Mediawiki-l] mysqli

iubito iubito at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 17:49:50 UTC 2006

Hi !
I don't know mysqli, but a quick look at php doc (
http://www.php.net/mysqli) says :

In order to have these functions available, you must compile PHP with
support for the mysqli extension.

Note: The mysqli extension is designed to work with the version 4.1.3 or
above of MySQL. For previous versions, please see the MySQL extension
documentation.

MediaWiki can work with older version of MySQL, and does not need to
(re-)compile PHP, because we often can't do that (shared hosting...).

--
Sylvain Machefert
http://iubito.free.fr