[Mediawiki-l] Can category hierarchy be adjusted?

Michael Dorosh madorosh at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 1 00:23:09 UTC 2006

You just have to change the category tags on the pages is all.

If you have

Page One - [[Category: Baseball]]

and you have

Category: Baseball with a tag on the page called [[Category: Sports]]

You would then find that "Baseball" is a subcategory of "Sports".

If you wanted to change the order around, you would have to

change Page One to include [[Category: Sports]]

and changed Category: Sports to include [[Category: Baseball]]

so then "Sports" would be a subcategory of "Baseball".