[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki class not in MediaWiki.php

Hugh Prior mediawiki at localpin.com
Wed Jun 28 14:53:19 UTC 2006

"Rob Church" <robchur at gmail.com> wrote in
message news:e92136380606280736h3e023e2as4d1eabd967e41687 at mail.gmail.com...
> On 28/06/06, Hugh Prior
> <mediawiki at localpin.com> wrote:
>> In 1.6.7 (and following?), the class "MediaWiki" is NOT in the file where
>> would expect to find it.
>
> No. It's in includes/Wiki.php. I don't see a convincing argument to go
> changing it.

Consistency.
Ease of use for those who don't know the code as well as you.

Stuff like that.

OK, if these don't matter in your programming, and somehow I need to "create
a convincing argument", I can see I'm on a lost cause.

If it's not glaringly obvious which is preferable between the two following
I really despair of what more could say:
    69 classes have the class name the same as the filename.
    1 class has the class name different from the filename.
and
    70 classes have the class name the same as the filename.