[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki class not in MediaWiki.php

Hugh Prior mediawiki at localpin.com
Wed Jun 28 14:29:23 UTC 2006

In 1.6.7 (and following?), the class "MediaWiki" is NOT in the file where I
would expect to find it.

Sure, I eventually found it, but it ain't so easy since at the point of
declaration you just get a line like:
$mediaWiki = new MediaWiki();

Now, given that:

The Article class is in Article.php.
The BagOStuff class is in BagOStuff.php.
The CacheManger class is in CacheManager.php.
and so forth,

why cannot the file for the MediaWiki class be in a file called
MediaWiki.php?

Dunno if this is already done in future releases, or whether I need to raise
a feature request bug, or whether a winge here will make someone sit up and
do the necessary?

Hugh