[Mediawiki-l] Setting up search

Hugh Prior mediawiki at localpin.com
Mon Jun 19 16:50:44 UTC 2006

What you say doesn't appear to be true; on my 1.5.6 MediaWiki setup, search
wasn't working at.

Well, I eventually figured out what I needed to get it working:
1) Set values in the "AdminSettings.php" file (and ensure it is named
"AdminSettings.php") in the root directory
2) Run "rebuildtextindex.php" in the maintanance directory from the command
line.

Now the search works correctly.

Some questions
a) The fact I did have to do something, did I do something which should
somehow not have been necessary, or did you think that this is not anything?
b) As I said before, where (if anywhere) is this documented?

"Brion Vibber" <brion at pobox.com> wrote in
message news:4493222D.5090304 at pobox.com...
You don't have to do anything.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)