[Mediawiki-l] graphviz extension & templates

Gregory Szorc gregory.szorc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 16:39:22 UTC 2006

> So, is/will/can there be a way that template parameters are
> replaced properly inside extension tags or their parameters?

The job of handling content passed to the extension is handled by the
extension itself.  It might be possible for the extension handler to call
the necessary parser functions to get parameters parsed properly, but I have
never tried this.  The answers can be found in the *scary* Parser.php file.

As the author of one of the Graphviz extensions, I am interested to hear
what the MediaWiki parser experts have to say about this.  Would you support
extensions invoking the parser to provide variable substitution?

Greg