[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki logo experiments

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 08:23:03 UTC 2006

On 6/16/06, Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:
> I would strongly recommend redrawing the flower in a vector format so it can
> cleanly scale up to poster size (and without excessive bitmap file size).

There are certainly merits to having an SVG, though we seem to be
doing OK with the high resolution PNG of the Wikipedia logo (it looked
great on the banners where I've seen it). The original Commons picture
has a resolution of 2240x1680 (including background):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Flower_jtca001.jpg

I think that unless we hire a professional designer, a vector version
could come later.

> (Still don't like the brackets. Too... purply and roundy.)

I also think they're too roundy. They're from a font, I might try to
do something with inkscape instead.

Erik