[Mediawiki-l] HTML forms in edit pages

Shai Shen-Orr shenorr at mcb.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 16 04:58:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am builiding a wiki for a relatively non-computer savvy crowd. I'd like to
make life easier for them by avoiding as much as possible writing actual
wikitext, as well as do some post-edit checks that the data has been entered
correctly.
I was wondering if anyone knows how to do one or more of the following:
1) Display an HTML form (particulalry check and drop boxes), instead of the
empty edit page (which I will then translate in the back to the appropraite
wiki text).
2) Place preformatted wikitext in a new edit box.

Thanks,

Shai