[Mediawiki-l] Automatic template

laurent laurent at sem.ca
Wed Jun 14 12:17:21 UTC 2006

Dear list :)

On one of my wikis, every single bit of data submitted from the users
must be formatted the same way. It's like, for instance, people
submitting their business cards. Each much have a name, an address, a
telephone number.

Therefore, to make the whole wiki consistent, i made a template that
formats all this data into a pretty page. Each content page then just
have to call the template like:

{{bizcard|
|name=John Doe
|Numer=555-1212
}}

This is all good and dandy, except I have no way to enforce that. When
users create new pages, they get a blank sheet and forget all about the
templates. Or they might think about the template, but forget half the
required fields.

So my question, in all its glory to this list is, is there a way to at
the very least pre-laod content into the "create new page" page so that
a blank template could be already in the face of the user, all that
he/she would need to do is to fill the blanks?

Best regards,
Laurent Chouinard