[Mediawiki-l] How to require email authentication when creating accounts? And get email working?

Ken McDonald ken at pixologic.com
Tue Jun 13 19:02:33 UTC 2006

I would like MW to require an email address from account creators, via
which it sends them asking for an authentication reply before the
account is created. I've been able to figure out how to require email
authentication before edits are allowed, but I'd really like this to be
required at account creation, and I haven't figured that out yet.

More importantly :-), I don't actually have outgoing email working. This
seems to require Apache configuration, at which I am woefully
inadequate. If someone could give me pointers or a link to an
appropriate web page, I'd appreciate it, other wise, I'll muddle through
somehow :-)

Things are finally coming together, thanks to all of you.

Ken