[Mediawiki-l] (newby question) How to change upload file size limits?

Mitch Marks mitchell at cuip.net
Mon Jun 12 21:37:48 UTC 2006

Please forgive what may be an unduly elementary question.  But I've been
fruitlessly looking through documentation on Meta, and in the
LocalSettings (and DefaultSettings) files for a cue.

(In MW 1.6) How do I change the size limits on file uploads?  Is it
something that can be done in LocalSettings.php, or does it require
something in the the server's php.ini or something like that?

The docs for enabling uploads in the first place, and for changing the
list of accepted file extensions, worked fine.  But I can't seem to find
the setting for the size limit.

  Thanks much,

  ==Mitch

[re-sending from my subscribed address]
--
Mitchell Marks
CUIP & WIT Tech Coordinator

Phones: Area 773  (O) 702-6041  (F) 702-8212  (H) 241-7166 (C) 620-6744

Email: Primary address: mitchell at cuip.net
        CPS: mmarks at cps.k12.il.us
	Alternate UofC addresses (use especially to report problems with CUIP\WIT mail!):
           mitchell at cs.uchicago.edu and mmar at midway.uchicago.edu
	Off-campus (ISP) address: mmarks at pobox.com

You say I took the Name in vain;
I don't even know the name.
  But if I did, well, really, what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light in every word;
it doesn't matter which you heard,
  the holy or the broken Hallelujah!