[Mediawiki-l] restoring dump of one MW site into another?

Ken McDonald ken at pixologic.com
Mon Jun 12 21:02:16 UTC 2006

Recently, I did a dump of our main site, and then removed revision
history in preparation for release to the public. It turns out there are
a few pages from the old dump that we'd like to get. Is it possible to
"restore" that dump to another MW site--in this case, a mess-around
installation on my laptop? It doesn't matter to me if pages get
overwritten, the laptop wiki exists solely for short-term tests of things.

Thanks,
Ken