[Mediawiki-l] Enabling an extension

Simon Renshaw simon at castortech.com
Thu Jun 8 20:09:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to enable and extension but I found 3 mentions on the site
how to do it.

This is one is from the "write your own extension" page:

# To activate the extension, include it from your LocalSettings.php
# with: include("extensions/YourExtensionName.php");

Also from that same page:

All it takes is adding a single line to the end of your
LocalSettings.php file (above the ?>):

require("extensions/YourExtensionName.php");

And on another page:

How do I enable an extension?

Copy the extension PHP file to your extensions folder and add a
require_once( "extensions/FILENAME" ); statement to your
LocalSettings.php, with FILENAME obviously being the filename of your
extension, such as Extension.php.

So, do I need include, require or require_once to enable an extension on
version 1.6.6?

Thanks,
Simon