[Mediawiki-l] MySQL error 1016 during search.

Dmitri Furman dmitri_furman at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 8 18:11:40 UTC 2006

Dear MediaWiki experts

I started getting the following error during search:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "". MySQL returned error "1016: Can't open file:
'searchindex.MYI' (errno: 145) (localhost)".
Retrieved from "http://wiki.hdc.net/pawiki/index.php/Special:Search"

I have seen some posts where people have fixed the issue but being not very
familiar wity MySQL I do not even know where to start looking.

Thank you in advance for helping me resolve this issue.

Dmitri