[Mediawiki-l] Oddity noticed: www. vs no www. in URL

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 20:35:48 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, Nomad of Norad (David C Hall) <nomad-php at joshua-wopr.com> wrote:

> Hmmmmm... There doesn't seem to be a $wgServerName or a $wgServer in
> LocalSettings.php here.  Am I looking in the right file?

The defaults for all such variables are in
includes/DefaultSettings.php which is where you should find them.

BUT DON'T CHANGE THEM THERE.

Any changes to the defaults should be put in LocalSettings.php. If you
look near the top of LocalSettings.php you'll notice that it includes
DefaultSetting.php pretty early, which allows anything there to be
overridden.

Making your changes only in LocalSettings.php isolates you when a new
version of MediaWiki changes DefaultSettings.php.

--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator
http://ipmsr12.denhaven2.com/