[Mediawiki-l] Fatal error setting up 1.6.7

John Wiedenhoeft wiedenhoeft at gmx.net
Tue Jun 6 18:13:50 UTC 2006

Dear all,

trying to setup 1.6.7 I followed the installation guide provided on the
mediawiki website. During configuration, I get the following error:

* PHP 4.4.2-1build1 installed
  * PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs
    (index.php/Page_Title)
  * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
  * PHP's memory_limit is 20M. If this is too low, installation may
    fail!
  * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
  * Turck MMCache installed
  * Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
  * Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be
    enabled if you enable uploads.
  * Found GD graphics library built-in.
  * Installation directory: /var/www/mediawiki
  * Script URI path: /mediawiki
  * Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.

Generating configuration file...

  * Database type: mysql

Fatal error: Unknown function: mysql_get_client_info()
in /var/www/mediawiki/config/index.php on line 508

I'm using Ubuntu Dapper, but I installed following the Debian guide, as
the Ubuntu package is pretty old, and my data is dumped to xml, which I
think I cannot restore using this old version.

Any idea what's wrong?

Cheers,
John