[Mediawiki-l] <math>

Rob Desbois robert.desbois at chronos.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 14:14:36 UTC 2006

>> Have you tried debugging texvc to work out exactly which step is
>> failing? If you look at the OCaml source for texvc, specifically the
>> render.ml file, you'll see this block:
>>         (* Commenting this block out will aid in debugging *)
>>     Sys.remove (tmpprefix ^ ".dvi");
>>     Sys.remove (tmpprefix ^ ".aux");
>>     Sys.remove (tmpprefix ^ ".log");
>>         Sys.remove (tmpprefix ^ ".tex");
>>     Sys.remove (tmpprefix ^ ".ps");

>> Try temporarily removing those lines to see which temporary files get
>> left behind. (Remember to recompile texvc!)

Aghghghghghhghghgh!
Problem is solved.
I was looking in includes/Math.php to attempt to get some further information, and puzzled by changing that file not changing the output on my browser (despite using Ctrl+F5).
I thought this was odd, so went to 'edit this page' to ensure I wasn't receiving a cached version....and it works. The existing page hasn't changed but the edit does.

For those with similar problem, I'm not sure what actually fixed it - make sure your permissions are set to 0777 for images/math and images/tmp (or your equivalents). Also make the folders user and group the same as your web server (e.g. chown apache.apache images/tmp).
If it doesn't work, check under 'edit this page'!

Thanks to those who tried :)
--Rob