[Mediawiki-l] 403 Error when adding or editing certain pages

Azurite anzu.kaiba at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 07:39:01 UTC 2006

Another user and I found that the error occurred when an edit had been made at a particular point in the page, and we
deduced the reason why certain pages had this problem but others did not is because of words starting with "psy" If no
letters come after the word, there aren't any problems. I experienced a similar error in another PHP script with the words
"curl" and "lynx," and the writers of that script had no solution (other than to not use those words). Hopefully there is
a better solution here....?

All the same, I have submitted a ticket to my administrator, but this new information may affect what the real reason
behind the error is.
~Azurite

Azurite wrote:
>/ I don't know why this is happening, but on certain pages in my Wiki
/>/ (which is up-to-date with ver. 1.6), whenever someone tries to add a
/>/ page or edit them, they get a 403: Access Denied error.
/
This is probably because of a badly configured "security" module on the web
server such as mod_security. (In particular if the page title or contents
contains Unix shell commands, etc.)

Contact your system administrator and ask about this.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)