[Mediawiki-l] properly nesting tables

Frederich, Eric P2173 eric.frederich at siemens.com
Mon Jun 5 20:19:06 UTC 2006

So I finally got the wikitable css stuff working to make my tables look
pretty whenever I say class="wikitable".
Now my problem is if I wanted to have a non-wikitable inside of it.

I have a template called Box Note that looks like this....

{| width="75%" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 style="background-color:
#c1ffc1; border: 1px dashed green; padding: 0px 4px;"
|-
| width="50" valign="top" | '''Note:'''
| {{{1}}}
|}

It looks very nice and doesn't show any internal borders around each
cell.
But if I use it nested within a wikitable now all of a sudden I see the
borders in the note.
This happens if I use the template above for a note or if I were to
manually nest the table as shown below (so if anyone wanted to try this
out they wouldn't have to create and save a template).

So my question is how do I get rid of all of that style info and
properly nest two tables with different styles?

Thanks,
~Eric

{| class="wikitable"
|-
| valign="top" |
* click this
* press that
* hit okay

{| width="75%" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 style="background-color:
#c1ffc1; border: 1px dashed green; padding: 0px 4px;"
|-
| width="50" valign="top" | '''Note:'''
| Sometimes you have to wait a bit.
|}