[Mediawiki-l] Oddity noticed: www. vs no www. in URL

Nomad of Norad (David C Hall) nomad-php at joshua-wopr.com
Mon Jun 5 19:01:16 UTC 2006

I have just noticed an oddity.  I am using MediaWiki 1.6.5, and had it
bookmarked as joshua-wopr.com/wiki but recently changed the bookmarked
url to www.joshua-wopr.com/wiki and started editting some of my pages.

I have noticed that when I complete an edit, and it redisplays the
editted page at me, the url is now sans www., and so if I click on Edit
again, or follow a link to another page and select Edit on that one, I
get prompted to log in again!

Is this a bug, or a feature?  :-D  Is there a way around it?

--
       Nomad of Norad (David C. Hall)  ---  *TeamAmiga*
nomad at joshua-wopr.com --- http://www.joshua-wopr.com/