[Mediawiki-l] Apache virtual hosts

Michael Roach michael.roach at us.lawson.com
Sat Jun 3 05:04:08 UTC 2006

Thanks Arthur!

What I ended up doing was creating two more shell VirualHosts that match on
the short name and redirect to the full name like you suggested. Doing it
this way I don't lose the flexability of the default host which I am using
for other purposes.

P.S. What a great list!! The patience and helpful comments I've seen on
this list since picking it up a month ago have been a really refreshing
change from the usual "RTFM butthead..." replies you see so much nowadays.

From: "Arthur Guy" <Arthur at assys.net>
---
One way you can do this is setup another virtual host at the top of the
list of virtual hosts which responds to the default address
http://mysite only and includes a permanent redirect to the full
address.
Redirect / http://mysite.example.org/