[Mediawiki-l] Pictures and Text

Frederich, Eric P2173 eric.frederich at siemens.com
Fri Jun 2 14:06:39 UTC 2006

Hi,

A lot of what I am using our wiki for is how-to guides with a lot of
screen shots.
I have found that even if I place an image in a section it may be
displayed in another section.
The only way I have found to make sure that the instructions are placed
next to the screen shot they pertain to is to put them both in a table
and separate each of the tables with a horizontal dividing line (this is
shown below).
My problem with this is that it defeats the purpose of a wiki in that it
is no longer easy to edit by average Joe.
Is there another method to get pictures and related text to be put
together in a nice way?
Some of our pages have 12 or so screen shots with 3 or 4 instructions
per each screen shot.

{|
|-

# do this
# then this
# and finally this

[[Image:some picture.jpg|thumb|200 px]]
|}

----
{|
|-

# one
# two
# buckle your shoe

[[Image:another picture.jpg|thumb|200 px]]
|}

Thanks,
~Eric