[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki installed, but I don't seem to have an administrator account

Nomad of Norad (David C Hall) nomad-php at joshua-wopr.com
Fri Jun 2 00:45:50 UTC 2006

Well, I finally got my MediaWiki up and running, and I have set it to
not allow anonymous edits.  However, I don't seem to have a user with
Administrator rights.  The system had prompted me to create the Admin
user WikiSysop, with appropriate password, when I went to the original
config page, but no such user exists on the resulting wiki.  I have now
created a regular account for myself, and as I have said, have now
changed the LocalSettings.php to deny anonymous edits.

How do I give myself admin capabilities on the site, now?  Is it
something I must insert into the LocalSettings.php?

Once that is taken care of, one of the other things I want to do is set
it up so people can sign up (create an account for themselves) but
cannot edit pages or create new ones until I enable them to.  That is, I
want to set things up so I have to select which users can edit, rather
than them being able to edit just by having created an account.

But first things first, I guess...

--
       Nomad of Norad (David C. Hall)  ---  *TeamAmiga*
nomad at joshua-wopr.com --- http://www.joshua-wopr.com/