[Mediawiki-l] How to upgrade from 1.3.9 to 1.6.0?

=James Birkholz= jbirchwood at comcast.net
Thu Jun 1 01:07:39 UTC 2006

OK, can't put it off much longer....

I would like to install the new version in a different directory, to test
before committing.
I'm using a third party host, do not have root access.

I have a fresh intall of 1.6.0 running in the testing directory.
I've created a separate MySQL db for this install.
I've exported all of the files from the 1.3.9's MySQL db to my local HD.
Is there any way I can import that data into the 1.6.0 controlled db? Is
there an upgrade script that will handle this?

James Birkholz
administrator (Betreuer der), Posen-EN mailing list & website
http://www.Posen-L.com & http://www.birchy.com/GenWiki